a few quotes to get my personal story
this is my very own "founder's page". A few lines to talk about me, the girl (or is it "lady"? now that I've reached the age of 37?) who ditched her career as a lawyer to start her own coaching business. Of course, you can find me on LinkedIn, where I obediently tried to fit a story into the format. You can find me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. And as this is a small world, you probably know me or know someone (who knows someone) who knows me. So what I'm doing here is seizing a unique opportunity to choose what I write about myself and why kappaCity means so much to me.
at the bottom of the page, you will find the usual things I like to tell about myself. But before that, I'd like to refer to three quotes from Steve Jobs' Stanford speech in 2005:
| connect the dots | “You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.”
| love what you do | "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it."
| follow you heart and intuition | “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
the first quote reflects exactly how I feel about my career (before starting kappaCity and since I started it). It is only now, when I look backwards, that I can see how everything I did so far was useful and made sense. I always convinced myself that I had no regrets, that I could live with every step I had taken and every choice I had made in the past, but now I (finally) know for sure. My dots are very well connected, and in kappaCity I can be who I was meant to be. Not more, not less. Great feeling, believe me.
as far as the future is concerned, I feel comfortable about the choices I have to make. Because of the two other quotes above: I love what I do and I do what my heart and my intuition tell me. And I know that I don't have to worry about connecting the dots now, looking forward. So I don't loose time trying to do it. Time saved for my kids, husband, family and friends. Time saved for myself. Great feeling, believe me.
I wish you will also experience great feelings during your stay in kappaCity either on this website or while we work together. The stories I share are about me but I hope they are also about you and that they will inspire you.
charline desmecht, March 2016
- Founder and manager of kappaCity sprl (2014)
- Business Coach, trained at the Leading & Coaching Academy
- Bilingual French/Dutch, I also work in English and German
- (Life) mission: raise emotional intelligence
- Tools: related to and inspired by Neuro Linguistic Programming, Transactional Analysis, Systemics, Non Violent Communication, Montessori, Froebel, ...
- Previous jobs: lawyer (2001-2014), staff member with Prime Ministers and Minister of Foreign Affairs Yves Leterme and Herman Van Rompuy (2008-2011), teaching assistant at the law faculty of the University of Namur (2002-2005)
- 37 years old, married, 2 children and a 3rd child to come at the end of May 2016 if all goes well
- I live in the center of Brussels
- Favorite authors: fiction > Andrea Camilleri, human development > Isabelle Filliozat
- Favorite activities: be a mother and a coach, take pictures, read, write, laugh
- Next trip: Malaysia (I'm dreaming), France (being realistic is useful too)
looking for something else?